Grand Haven Municipal Marina All Tore Up

Written on March 19, 2008 – 8:21 pm | by djnuttall |

In case you haven’t been down to the waterfront lately, the Grand Haven Municipal Marina is all tore up. The $1 million project to replace the docks is underway, and it is expected it will be completed by May 1.

The Grand Haven Municipal Marina sidewalks and lawn areas are completely torn up. New sidewalk for the docks and power hook-ups will be installed.

Where once there were 31 docks now there will be 28 fixed slips to accommodate larger boats. There will also be a price increase for boaters wanting to spend the night. A 24-foot boat will pay $27 a night, compared to $24 last year. Meanwhile, a 40-foot vessel will pay $48, up from $43. This will bring the price up to the premium rates that other marinas in the area are charging.

I am glad to see all these improvements to our local Grand Haven area. I think all the summer people are going to be pleasantly surprised as well.

The Grand Haven waterfront area just keeps getting better and better. It won’t be long now until all these boaters get into the water. Hopefully no one will be turned away from our Municipal Marina when they come to dock for the night. Grand Haven loves its boaters.

1. 7 Responses to “Grand Haven Municipal Marina All Tore Up”

2. By Tim E. on Mar 20, 2008 | Reply

Hopefully everything gets cleaned up quick when spring finally gets here.

3. By djnuttal on Mar 20, 2008 | Reply

Amen to that! I look forward to being on the waterfront when the weather is nice.

4. By Thom on Mar 21, 2008 | Reply

Changes like these keep the area fresh and gives it a more lively feel. If done well, the immediate pain and inconvenience is well outweighed by the energy you’ll get from the change. Be sure to post some pics when the work is done!

-Thom

5. By djnuttal on Mar 21, 2008 | Reply

I’ll be sure to post pictures as soon as I can. Unfortunately we are in the middle of a big snow storm on this Good Friday. So much for feeling like Spring.

6. By MikeL on Mar 23, 2008 | Reply

Spring is sprung.
    The grass is riz.
    I wonder where the birdies is.

The bird is on the wing.
    But that’s absurd.
    The wing is on the bird.

7. By djnuttal on Mar 29, 2008 | Reply

Thanks Mike for the poetry! :-)

8. By Reuge Music Boxes on Apr 27, 2008 | Reply

I was wondering if the marina was open yet. We do a lot of boating around your area and use this marina on our travels.